Hi, I’m Elika Mahony! I’m a musician born in the US, raised in Kenya and now living in China. Setting the Bahá’í Writings to music over the past 20 years has been one of the greatest joys of my life.
My goal is to create music that will bring you joy, tranquility and inspiration.
My New Project
I am very excited to be working on my 10th album titled, ‘The Exalted One’.
This special CD aspires to be a befitting tribute in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Birth of The Báb, which will take place in October 2019.
The album will include some of my favorite prayers and writings of The Báb set to music. This project is a companion to the album I released last year for the bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá’u’lláh titled, ‘The Ancient Beauty’.
I have been incredibly touched and delighted to hear how the album was widely used and given as gifts for celebrations around the world.
** Each physical CD will have a unique download code within the package. So when you purchase a CD, you will also be able to download a digital version of the album. **
How to Support this Project
The Kickstarter project is ALL OR NOTHING… meaning if we don’t reach the target of $16,000 by the November 30th deadline, all the money will be returned to the project supporters.
Recording an album of high quality is an expensive endeavor and involves many costs such as hiring musicians and singers around the world, a producer, engineers, studio time, as well as for the design, duplication and printing of the package.
As an independent artist without a record company funding my projects, I must pay out of pocket to produce my albums. It can take many years to recoup these costs and sometimes never.
This is why I have decided to use kickstarter to open up a collaborative process to anyone who wishes to support the creation of the album.
All the funds we raise on Kickstarter will be used to pay for the costs associated with the making of this new album, but we only have 30 days to raise the goal amount of $16,000 or we get nothing.
Please support and spread the word!
The minimum amount needed to produce the album is $16,000 but we also have a stretch goal of $19,000 to cover additional costs for video, promotion and engineering/mixing.
Unique Rewards for You
As gratitude for your support and generosity, we have created a number of art pieces and uplifting rewards that will only be available via my Kickstarter page for 30 days. See the 15 rewards listed on the right for more details, and feel free to ask me anything and see the FAQ below. The rewards include:
* Signed CDs of the new album
* The complete discography of my 10 albums
* Limited edition Chinese silk scrolls with “The Remover of Difficulties” in Chinese calligraphy specially made for this project
* Prayer beads – 95 white water pearl beads in an emerald green Chinese silk box
* A special lyric print of a prayer by The Báb
* My own original paintings
* Original piano compositions
* Setting your favorite quotation to music
* CD gift packs, skype hangouts and many more…
I have been blessed to work on this album with a number of amazing musicians from all around the world. My talented producer in Colombia, Daniel Badí Rinaldi, has been working tirelessly to create an outstanding album for this special occasion.
A highlight of the album has been recording duets with my daughter of two of her compositions.
I released my first album in 1997. This new CD, ‘The Exalted One’, will be the 10th album of my career. All of them are listed below:
* Melodies of the Nightingale (1997)
* Melodies of the Nightingale for the Family (2001)
* Fire and Gold – on the theme of tests and difficulties (2007)
* Birds of Love gift set – a CD + Book of quotes on love and marriage (2009)
* Glimmerings – a piano instrumental album (2011)
* Infinite Bounty – on the theme of detachment (2012)
* Edge of Forever – New Age album inspired by the Bahá’i writings (2013)
* Meditations for the Fast (2016)
* The Ancient Beauty – a tribute in honor of the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Bahá’u’lláh (2017)
Risks and challenges
My producer Daniel Rinaldi and I have been working on the album for some time now and the project is well under way. If, through your generous support, we raise the funds on Kickstarter, this new album should be ready for release by May or June 2019. In the unlikely event of any delays in production, all supporters will be notified and we will do everything we can to honor our commitment to our backers.